[fpc-pascal] Is it posible to get a minimal installation of Lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 00:53:13 CET 2010

On 6 November 2010 18:29, yu ping  wrote:
> I want to set up Lazarus as FPC Editor and Debuger.
> But Lazarus installation is too big,How to install a minimal size of
> Lazarus?

In that case, simply use MSEide instead. It's much smaller and faster.
It's a 1.8MB (Windows) or 2.0MB (Linux) download for the IDE binary,
and maybe 20K for some sample project templates (though not required).
The source (2.4 release) download is 2.9MB. MSEide has much better GDB
debugger support too.

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/

  - Graeme -