[fpc-pascal] Re: fpc-pascal Digest, Vol 71, Issue 69

Roger Bailey rb at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri May 28 19:27:42 CEST 2010

OK, I give up. How do you handle standard input and output files in FPC? When I write something like:

	nextcharacter := input^

I get "error: 1: Illegal qualifier". Does FPC not support this standard Pascal feature?

The documentation is extremely unhelpful in this area. The LRG just says "The default Input, Output and StdErr file types are defined in the system unit", and the system unit describes a record structure that doesn't seem to contain a field that might be a file buffer.