[fpc-pascal] Powtils Apache and Windows Seven 64bits

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Tue May 25 19:12:42 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Bee Jay <bee.ography at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 Mei 2010, at 23:37, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>
>> My only doubt is: why to use CGI proxy, not a FCGI?
>
> The main purpose of CGI proxy existence is to provide solution for some environments where FCGI setup isn't possible. The other advantages are bonuses. ;)

If the environment allows use FCGI, you would not CGI gateway?

You said:
"Yes, I agree with Leonardo. Another plus is you got better control
over FCGI app if you're using CGI gateway. You're able to terminate,
restart, redirect to other app on other machine, etc. without even
touching the web server. If you're using plain FCGI, you have to stop
the entire web server if you want to do something with the FCGI app."

... you can "terminate, restart, redirect to other app on other
machine, etc. without even touching the web server" using only FCGI
approach?

Marcos Douglas