[fpc-pascal] Powtils Apache and Windows Seven 64bits

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue May 25 18:58:11 CEST 2010

Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>> Personally, I don't see a problem with the static nature of a
>> apache_mod,ISAPI if you're doing your debugging locally on an embedded
>> server first and then deploying your executable (apache, isapi, fcgi) later.
>>  That would reduce the frequency of having to shutdown the server to replace
>> the binary.
>
> But you still having to shutdown the server to replace the binary...
>
> I thought about the gateway/proxy approach and I consider one of the
> best solutions. The proxy would redirect all request for some apps. If
> you want disable one, you can, just redirect for other app.
> My only doubt is: why to use CGI proxy, not a FCGI?

Seems a little redundant to me to have one FCGI proxying for another FCGI and
its not part of the standard either.  Lots of sites are using FCGI out there
with the standard single FCGI server setup.

If you're putting logic into the proxy to any significant degree then I think
that is more or less n-tier development as usual.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee