[fpc-pascal] Powtils Apache and Windows Seven 64bits

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue May 25 17:23:58 CEST 2010

Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 4:14 AM, Bee Jay <bee.ography at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 25 Mei 2010, at 14:06, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>
>>> I have never looked at FastCGI before, but what you are descibing is
>>> exactly what I wanted to do with CGI. Create a GUI or Service/Daemon
>>> application (application server) that the CGI apps talks to. The
>>> application server would setup the DB connection and stay running. The CGI
>>> simply forwards requests back and forth.  I'm glad to see my idea is not
>>> impossible and was already implemented. :-)
>> ExtPascal had been using this technique since about two years ago! I told you about this more than once, but you never listen to me. ;) :D
>>

> What do you think about to use 2 FCGI apps? The first is the proxy and
> the second is the real app. Do not is more fast than CGI gateway +
> FCGI?

Personally, I don't see a problem with the static nature of a apache_mod,ISAPI
if you're doing your debugging locally on an embedded server first and then
deploying your executable (apache, isapi, fcgi) later.  That would reduce the
frequency of having to shutdown the server to replace the binary.

To me the truly sexy thing about fpWeb/LazWeb is that the abstraction level to
various implementations (cgi, fcgi, apache, etc) is well written and makes it
easy to create a core application and port it to different platforms by simply
wrapping the core application in the various fpWeb implementations.

A embedded server makes it easy to debug the app with breakpoints, variable
inspection, etc for development and maintenance.  If the core app logic is
encapsulated enough, its trivial to then take it from a local embedded and plug
it into your favorite fpWeb implementation.

That's my plan at any rate.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee