[fpc-pascal] Does FPC has consts of portable OS error codes?

Bihar Anwar bihar_anwar at rocketmail.com
Wed May 12 16:19:55 CEST 2010

leledumbo onMay 12, 2010 3:58:09 PM

> Any reason for that? or it is not implemented yet?

> For the first one, usually errors in FPCgenerate exception, you can handle that instead.

Yes, as you said "usually", it is not "always". For example, FindFirst() and FindNext return OS dependent error code.

> For the second, acombination of GetLastOSError and SysErrorMessage provides what's needed.

In my case, this is not something I want.

I want to handle "trivial errors" (e.g. ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED, ERROR_NOT_READY, etc.) differ from "fatal errors".

Trivial errors will allow users to retry the failed operation.