[fpc-pascal] Installing Component Packages

Technical tech at polypressuk.co.uk
Tue May 11 13:04:05 CEST 2010

It is a component previous written (and modified by me) for Delphi and
transferred to Lazarus.

It originally worked on 0.9.26/2.2.2, and still does on one computer. I am
sure the source code has not changed since then.

The package is just a new package produced using Lazarus, containing the
source code of the component, but it will not compile or install.

It will not compile or install on any other computer, whether running
0.9.26/2.2.2, 0.9.28.2/2.2.4 or 0.9.29/2.4.1 so unless there are subtly
different sub-versions of Lazarus or FPC within the above more major
versions it should work as previously. I think the downloaded exe installer
is the same one used on each of the attempts with 0.9.26/2.2.2, including
the original successful one, so I don't think I can blame it on a
sub-version either. If the version of Lazarus and FPC is the same, why would
it just stop allowing installation?

Could you send me a standard environmentoptions.xml file which you would
expect to work and I'll check it against the one this Lazarus is using.
Where are the compiler options and project options details stored? If they
are outside the lazarus directories then perhaps these need to be modified
as they would not be modified with a reinstalled version (after uninstalling
the previous version). Are there any other files outside the Lazarus
directories which could affect the way Lazarus interprets things? I'm
running XP mainly, but it also occurs with Windows7.

Regards

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5104 (20100511) __________

http://www.eset.com