[fpc-pascal] annoying gdb bug fixed

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue May 11 11:02:54 CEST 2010

On 10 May 2010, at 15:17, Pierre Muller wrote:

>  I just wanted to add that this bug is
> most probably specific to the debug format used:
>  only the dwarf debug format generated information
> that triggered that bug.

The reason that we generate such debug info for DWARF (namely encoding
"var" parameters as C++ reference parameters) is because the DWARF
attribute to specify var parameters (DW_AT_variable_parameter) is not
yet supported by GDB (which is partly my fault, because I never
submitted a bug about this). You can compile the compiler with -
dgdb_supports_DW_AT_variable_parameter to make it generate such tags
instead of reference parameters when using DWARF.

> So don't be surprised if you never saw that problem,
> it's just because you probably use stabs debug information.

It did work correctly (with DWARF) in GDB 6.8. It broke with 7.0.

Jonas