[fpc-pascal] TCgiApplication in cgiapp unit - mostly deprecated

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon May 3 14:24:48 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some reasons:
>  * Free Pascal is open source (always available and no vendor lock-in)
>  * Free Pascal is free, so can always use latest version at NO cost.
>  * Previous skills from Delphi 7 project can be reused. No need to retrain
>   developers. Saving 1000's in cost.
>  * Previous business domain code can be reused. Saving hundreds of hours
>   in development time.
>  * No runtime or VM is required to run apps (unlike PHP, C# or Java).
>  * Development tools are free and again open source.

Yes, are good reasons.

> I know of many developers or companies using ExtPascal to write web
> apps. I unfortunately have not looked at it yet. I started our CGI
> apps long before I found out about ExtPascal.

I do not knew about this! Can you post a few links of companies using
ExtPascal? Would be very good to post these links in list of
ExtPascal.

Well, ExtPascal use FastCGI approach. People say FastCGI is more
powerful than CGI, because the application continues in memory...
What about do you think about performance of CGI apps?

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Rainer Stratmann
<RainerStratmann at t-online.de> wrote:
> Here is a Web Server programmed entirely in Freepascal:
> http://ip.klimaregelung.de/ip.php?action=connect&benutzercode=Stratmann
> No Apache or PHP or something else.
>
> Because it is a small embedded computer at home only 20 connections at a time
> are possible. But it would be possible to expand with more powerful
> computers.

Do you use FastCGI or CGI?
How do you limits max connections?

--