[fpc-pascal] Comedi hardware support

Roland Schaefer roland.schaefer at fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 31 22:52:56 CEST 2010

Hello,

Hartmut Eilers skrev:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to support the comedi hardware lib to access
> I/O hardware from my project OpenMSR.
> ( http://www.comedi.org )
> I googled for anything regards that but had no success.
> So I decided to write a unit which interfaces to the c library.
>
> But I have really no idea how to translate the c headerfile
> with its structures to freepascal.
> Is there anybody out who can help me to translate the
> header file into a unit ?

I don't know if anyone is already working on comedi, but I managed to
successfully create many bindings after reading this:
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/docs-pdf/CinFreePascal.pdf

A good starting point for using translation tools is this:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Creating_bindings_for_C_libraries

I've looked into the comedi headers using their SVN browser, and they
seemed pretty short and straightforward, so translation should go smoothly.

Cheers!
Roland