[fpc-pascal] More memory leaks and other problems: request for review of probably stupid mistake

Jim hakkie42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 21:01:41 CEST 2010

On 31-3-2010 20:47, Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>> If you still want to use records, before the Dispose(APResultRecord)
>> set the ansistring fields to '', this will garantee that the reference
>> is freed.
>>

> Or call Finalize() on them.
>
> Flávio

Thanks José & Flávio,

Sounds like a good plan, though I liked the beauty/simplicity of dealing
with records - unless you forget that ansistrings also have pointers ;)
I had completely forgotten about them and assumed the compiler would
deal with them behind the scenes. Obviously it doesn't.

I'll give it a go and get back to the list if I hit more troubles.

All, any advice/tricks on debugging? I think I'll try setting up Lazarus
in an Ubuntu VM to see how that works in any case. Maybe that works...

Regards,
jb