[fpc-pascal] fpGUI Toolkit v0.7-rc1 for FPC 2.4

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 08:03:31 CET 2010

Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior het geskryf:

> And Graeme, where should i look for (Units/Classes) to port fpGUI to directfb ?

It's relatively simple.

* You'll create a new folder for the new backend code.
  eg:  src/corelib/directfb/

* You'll create a new fpg_interface.pas unit. See gdi or x11 directories.
  These are just alias types to prevent IFDEF's in fpg_main.pas unit.

* You will have to implement all abstract methods/classes found in
  fpg_base.pas in a new unit called for example fpg_directfb.pas. Again,
  see the GDI (fpg_gdi.pas) or X11 (fpg_x11.pas) directories for examples.

* Lastly, you'll need to create a fpgui_toolkit.lpk package for use with
  Lazarus IDE - though this step is not required, as fpGUI can be used by
  other IDE's as well. The command line build scripts would need to be
  edited as well. The scripts are located in the 'src' directory
  (build.sh or build.bat)

> Im feeling motivated to do the work...

I really appreciate that. If you have any more questions, please post them
in the fpGUI newsgroup. Patches can be posted there as well.

   http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/#Newsgroups

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/