[fpc-pascal] fpGUI Toolkit v0.7-rc1 for FPC 2.4
graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 14:16:19 CET 2010
fpGUI v0.7-rc1 is available
An archived source download can be found at the following URL, or
the source code could be pulled directly from the source code
For more details, please visit the fpGUI home page:
The v0.7 release contains a lot of added features compared to the
previous release. Below is just a small list of things that changed
or was added. A more detailed change-log will be made available when I
create the final v0.7 release. The final release will also include
updated Class Documentation (in HTML and INF format) and application
help for DocView and UI Designer. The FPC Language Reference document
will also be made available in INF format.
Some changes in v0.7-rc1
* FPC 2.4.0 compatible.
* Fully tested on 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. Tested on Linux,
Windows and the *BSD family.
* Mobile device support is back. Tested on ARM Linux and Windows
* fpGUI UI Designer has improved a lot and extended it's component
palette and Object Inspector.
* Various bug fixes, memory leaks and other enhancements have been
* Units have a more uniform naming style.
* Classes have a more uniform structure/hierarchy with base classes.
* Help support has been added to the core framework
* fpGUI now has it's own help file viewer called DocView.
Docview includes the following features:
- document annotation
- browse history
- exporting articles to plain text or IPF format.
- full text search (including weighting of results to see how
relevant the results are)
- Font and Color customization
- Concatenation of help files at run-time so a library of help
files can be viewed simultaneously.
- Easy integration via the "external tools" feature of IDE's like
Lazarus or MSEide. This allows for context sensitive help.
- History of most recently viewed help files.
- Help file format used is the INF format (IBM's format used it
OS/2), which is very compact, incredibly fast and supports full
* A lot of new components have been added, including enhancements
to existing components.
* Various new dialogs have been added, which include Color Wheel,
Character Map, Database Login etc.
* Improved integration with tiOPF project via the Model-GUI-Mediator
* Graphical FPCUnit unit test runner.
* Lots of new language translations for the core fpGUI library.
* A lot of new example projects demoing various GUI components.
- Graeme -
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
More information about the fpc-pascal