[fpc-pascal] From Lazarus-list: Exists a macro to FPC path to use at fpc.cfg file?

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Tue Jun 22 18:34:43 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2010, at 17:45, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>
>> BTW, about PPC_CONFIG_PATH is recommend to use it? I saw about it in
>> some blog (I don't remember the link) but I haven't seen in FPC docs.
>
> On startup, the compiler looks for fpc.cfg in $PPC_CONFIG_PATH. This is
> documented in the manual:
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/user/userse6.html
>
> And actually, there you can see that there is another variable that may be
> useful to you: FPCDIR. Its functionality has not been maintained in the
> compiler though. If it is set, then
> a) if $FPCDIR/rtl exists, the compiler will also look for units in
> $FPCDIR/rtl/$FPCTARGET
> b) if $FPCDIR/rtl does not exist but if $FPCDIR/units exists, then the
> compiler will also look for units in $FPCDIR/units/$FPCTARGET
>
> It will not look in subdirectories of that directory, so this functionality
> not really useful anymore.

Did not work  :/
Well, what you said ..."the FPC path" would not make sense on non
Dos-Windows-OS/2 systems... is correct so, I will forget this but...

...if the FPC path have optional, in Windows system would be a great
help, at least for me :)
I should configure FPC path different for each machines and use only
one external HD with the sources. I would update FPC source on machine
with the better Internet connection but could use it in another
machine, without change the fpc.cfg.

Marcos Douglas