[fpc-pascal] A patched unit overriding the default - like Delphi supports

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:34:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

Many years ago when I still used Delphi, it was common in our
development team to create our own patches for various components we
used. We then placed those "fixed" units in a new path and add that
path to the Delphi IDE (can't remember if the new path at to be on the
top or bottom of the list).

Delphi would then read the newer unit instead of the older unit by
default. No need to modify the original unit.

Is something like this supported by Free Pascal?  If I place the copy
of an existing RTL or FCL unit in a new path and add that new path as
the first search path of FPC?

  - Graeme -