[fpc-pascal] playing sound files (linux and windows)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:29:43 CEST 2010

Op 2010-06-14 18:28, dmitry boyarintsev het geskryf:

> There's proper example in FCL how to use OpenAL to play .wav, .ogg .mp3 files.

I can't find an example for loading a .wav file. I managed to extract the
initialization and finalization code for OpenAL from the FCL examples, but
now the main part is the call  alSourcePlay(buffer) , but I don't know how
to populate the buffer with a WAV file.

Any hints or sample code. The sample included in FCL 2.4.1 loads MAD, A52,
OGG and ModPlug only. Google revealed a tutorial using AlutLoadWavFile(),
but that is in the "unofficial utilities library", it's not part of the
standard OpenAL 1.1 spec, and not included in Linux.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/