[fpc-pascal] playing sound files (linux and windows)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 08:28:26 CEST 2010

Op 2010-06-14 17:31, Henry Vermaak het geskryf:

> Note that the fpc libsndfile example is outdated (it uses oss).  There

Outdated is correct. The version in FPC 2.4.1 doesn't currently compile,
and references data structures not defined in the libsndfile unit.

I have a ESD (Esound daemon) header conversion that plays a single file
perfect on multiple linux distro's, but when I try and play multiple files
in succession, it plays all of them at the same time and doesn't wait for
one to complete before starting the next. There doesn't seem much help on
libesd either, but I'll take another look today. :-(

>  If you're not worried about gpl, then I'd probably use libao.

As long as it is very simple to deploy, or better, included with most linux
distros, then it's better.

My sound requirements is not very high. As long as I can play wav, ogg or
mp3 (any format will do really, but mp3 is not standard with Linux) and
play one file after the other without delays. I have random sound clips
that together make up a English or Afrikaans sentence.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/