[fpc-pascal] regex vs synregexpr unit

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 10:06:06 CEST 2010

On 05/06/2010, Bihar Anwar wrote:
> I've search fpc mailing list about this matter, I found they were discussed
> a long time ago (2006), and I still didn't have a conclusion about which one

I have looked into this as well, about 2 months ago. From my initial
research it seems the regex unit included with FCL is not as
feature-complete as the one in SynEdit.

I found another Object Pascal implementation of regular expressions.
It is somewhere in my hard drive (can't remember the download link),
but I think it was similar in feature supported as the one in SynEdit.

I haven't done any speed comparisons to date.  I also know about the
CPRE library, but I want something implemented in Object Pascal to
compile into my applications.

  - Graeme -