[fpc-pascal] WriteComponent not outputting a hierarchy of components?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jun 4 08:41:16 CEST 2010

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> To get back to the point. So must I now override GetChildren for every
> single component in fpGUI that can contain child components and do the
> loopy Components[] array thing?  Or do I only need to override
> GetChildren in TfpgBaseForm - the top level window/container of all
> other components? BTW: In fpGUI TfpgForm can act as both a TForm and
> TFrame.

It is up to you. Both approaches are possible. Like I said, in the LCL it is
TWinControl that does the loop over it's child controls. But you could
equally well let the form loop over all components that are directly or
indirectly on it.

See, maybe it's not such a botched idea after all ?
You get a lot of freedom :-)

Michael.