[fpc-pascal] timing again

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Tue Jun 1 21:27:55 CEST 2010

> Thank you for this precision. Where does getTime actually get its time? And where do these numbers come from; I mean why chose this time unit instead of plain 1/10 or 1/100 or 1/1000s? (1193182 does not look familiar to my eyes ;-)
> Do you have an idea on how to get one of those time units (ms would be perfect, since more precision can be rounded, while the contrary is a hard task!)
>
> Denis

The standard clock for the system timer runs at 1,193,182 Hz, derived
for the original IBM PC as the 4.77 MHz processor clock divided by 4.

Paul Breneman
www.dbReplication.com - VCL database replication components
www.TurboControl.com - Hardware and software development services
- Educational programming project for environment monitoring
- Information on using FreePascal for embedded systems
- Support information for the TurboPower open source libraries