[fpc-pascal] Search Engine friendly CGI web apps and pages

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:25:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

Google and probably most other search engines don't index website that have
URL's in the following format:

  http://localhost/mycgi?action=myaction

Basically parametrized URL's containing ? or = characters.

What do I need to do in my CGI program to create Search Engine friendly
URL's? Note that I'm not using some fancy framework like fpWeb, just plain
old CGI (console type) app.

For example, changing the above URL to something like:

  http://localhost/mycgi/myaction

'mycgi' being the CGI application
'myaction' being the parameter passed to the CGI app.

My got a custom written (very basic) wiki, which uses the format of the
first URL show, and would like to change my CGI wiki app to use Search
Engine friendly URL's so my wiki pages can be indexed by Google.

PS:
Please note, I'm not really into web development, so sorry if this is a
dumb sounding question. :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/