[fpc-pascal] writeln: FPC runtime race conditions in external C threads

Alexander Grau alex at grauonline.de
Mon Jul 12 20:23:44 CEST 2010

Am 12.07.2010 um 18:17 schrieb Jonas Maebe:

> On 12 Jul 2010, at 13:24, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>> Basically, any heap memory access and standard pascal I/O are
>> forbidden in
>> threads started outside FPC, because the necessary thread
>> structures are not
>> initialized correctly.
>
> I think that I've finally found a way to resolve this properly in
> r15557.

This doesn't seem to work fully yet-  let me try to create a simple
test for reproducing my crash ;-) ...

-------------burn-------------
aquireExclusiveAccess
burn started
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStatePreparing
progress=-100.00  currentTrack=0
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStatePreparing
progress=0.00  currentTrack=0
druFileProc  thread=B0185000
druFileProc  thread=B0185000
druFileProc  thread=B0185000
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStatePreparing
progress=45.00  currentTrack=0
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStatePreparing
progress=90.00  currentTrack=0
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStatePreparing
progress=93.33  currentTrack=0
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStatePreparing
progress=96.67  currentTrack=0
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStatePreparing
progress=100.00  currentTrack=0
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStateSessionOpen
progress=-100.00  currentTrack=0
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druFileProc  thread=B0207000
druProgressCallback threadid=A07F4F60  state=DRStatusStateTrackOpen
progress=end
An unhandled exception occurred at $0006977C :
EInOutError : Disk Full
   $0006977C