[fpc-pascal] methods of an object to create others objects

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Wed Jul 7 15:28:38 CEST 2010

On 07/07/2010 14:14, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Martin<fpc at mfriebe.de>  wrote:
>
>> [...snip...]
>>
>> With an exception like this, the rule is: Do as little as you can.
>> Everything you do can make it worse. Call a function that relies on as
>> little data as possible, and tries to simple save all user-data to an
>> emergency file. Then exit
>>
> Here we have a big problem if the program is a web app using FastCGI.
> In this case, what we do?

Write as much info as you have to the servers log file => so you can fix
the app.
Return a 500 server error; that's what they are there for.

For the rest I don't know FastCGI good enough. But it needs a way to
tell the server that t need's to be reloaded => e.g under apache it is
common that each apache process is reused a certain amount of times =>
If a bad crash has happened then this process needs to be replaced.

It's good that in apache it's threads (or at least last time I check3ed)
and not threads => if it was threads, you needed to kill the whole
server, with processes, you only replace one child process.

Martin