[fpc-pascal] Cancelling Scientific notation

James Gibbens gibbens at intekom.co.za
Mon Jan 25 19:37:09 CET 2010

Hallo FPC gurus,
I am VERY new to free pascal and I have a couple of problems. Can somebody please help?
1. If a, b are real numbers and I want to round a/b foo to 3 decimal places, the answer is displayed in Scientific notation. How do I turn that off?
2. Without using Object Pascal, how can I change the background colour, a very black BLACK, when the program runs? It is strenuous on my poor eyes.
Thank you so far. The rest of the problems can wait a couple of days.
James Gibbens.