[fpc-pascal] Which regex unit to use?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 08:56:29 CET 2010

Hi,

There are a few regex units include with FPC and Lazarus, and dozens more
available for Delphi (and probably FPC too).

Which one is the most well known, or best to use, or most feature complete
regarding syntax etc...?

 * <fpcsrc>/packages/regexpr/src/old/regexpr.pp
 * <fpcsrc>/packages/regexpr/src/regexp.pp
 * <lazarus>/components/synedit/synregexpr.pas
 * TRegExpr (no idea what is latest and if FPC compatible)
 * ....?

I guess I'm looking for something similar or compatible with PCRE syntax,
but in native Object Pascal, so it can be compiled into my applications.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/