[fpc-pascal] Re: FPC from subversion without root access

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun Feb 21 04:22:09 CET 2010

Osvaldo Filho wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> I have my own compiler - files from another computer - not the ubuntu package.
>
> How can I say the Make program where are the files of the compiler?
> They are in: ~/apps/fpc/bin and ~/apps/fpc/lib

add ~/apps/fpc/bin to your path

( if you use bash: add the following to your ~/.bach_profile
PATH=$HOME/apps/fpc/bin;$PATH
)

and add the following lines to your ~/.fpc.cfg

-Fu~/apps/fpc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
-Fu~/apps/fpc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
-Fu~/apps/fpc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl

if you don't have a ~/.fpc.cfg and do have a /etc/fpc.cfg you can add
the following as first to your new ~/.fpc.cfg

#INCLUDE /etc/fpc.cfg

Marc