[fpc-pascal] YAML support

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Feb 3 21:28:03 CET 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Wimpie Nortje wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Are there plans to implement YAML? I found JSON support but that is missing a
> feature I would like to use. Apparently JSON is a subset of YAML, but it
> doesn't have a direct way to capture binary data.

JSON is not related to YAML at all except in that it is a simple data format.

And as far as I can see from the specs, YAML also does not offer a direct way
to capture binary data. IMHO both need to specify binary data as an array of
bytes.

All that aside, I think it would be good to have  an implementation that
reads and produces YAML.

Michael.