[fpc-pascal] Re: FPC programs in Android without JNI

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 11:13:37 CET 2010

ahahah, I was writing an answer in my phone, but then gave up.
Probably hit the send button by accident.

Anyway, yes, I had also seen that one and it is a step in the right direction =)

I haven't yet fully understood how this new APIs work, hopefully they
are C APIs, if they are C++ APIs then it is just better to make Java
calls like I can already do now. Another problem is that it doesn't
solve the main issue which is that Android does not officially support
running native programs, they need to be libraries. Of course I
ignored this and managed to run native programs, but that's another
story.

In short I don't think that I will change my development strategy for
now, specially since I already bought a Android 2.1 phone and I can
write Pascal apps for it at the moment and I don't plan on dropping
support for it at the moment.

Of course that I might migrate to use this newer possibilities when I
have exhausted that my current strategy can provide =)

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho