[fpc-pascal] Pascal Scripting Engines

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 21:05:20 CET 2010

I think FPC in general could benefit from a native FPC script.  They have a
link to a port of REM objects but the website said it was with flaws and
tests were needed under linux.

A light-weight scripting engine would need to be restricted to methods and
object code.  And perhaps some level of access to the networking engine each
script would be called from.

IMO, the scripting engine would either be completely thread safe or would
have to have multiple instances one per thread.

Do you still have your code?  I wonder if the FPC memory manager could
handle such an engine running over and over again without losing memory.