[fpc-pascal] ARM-Cortex port

Geoffrey Barton mrb at periphon.net
Tue Aug 24 11:53:55 CEST 2010

> Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:57:30 -0300
> From: Andreas Berger <Andreas at TheBergerClan.org>
> Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] ARM-Cortex port
> To: FPC-Pascal users discussions <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
>
>  Thanks Jonas and Jeppe for your answers. I will probably wait then to
> switch (or try to convince the company to use an ARM-9)

using Jonas and Jeppe's answers to my idiot questions in this forum,
and Jeppe's startup code for the STM32F, I have FPC cross-compiling
for the LM3S9B92, one of the TI Luminary processors. Getting
interrupts working took some time. I think the next thing for me is to
try calling the rom code from FPC. Then it should be possible to re-
use all the library of C code supplied by TI and it will no longer be
necessary to try and fathom lines such as:-

*((void (*)(void))(*(unsigned long *)0x2c)))();

which occurs in the USB example code :-)
I am not quite sure how to write that in FP, but I am sure someone
will have an idea.

Geoffrey