[fpc-pascal] deprecated syntax is inconsistent.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 14:55:52 CEST 2010

On 29 April 2010 14:51, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Having a bigger lookahead makes a lot more things far more complex
> epecially in combination with include files, macros, generics.

Why?  You only apply the extra lookaheads where needed (code that
could be ambiguous). All other parts of the code will be parsed as
normal - as it is done now.

So far I know of only two examples where extra lookaheads need to be used.
  * wiki example where 'default' is used
  * my example to fix the inconsistent syntax for hint directives (deprecated).

  - Graeme -