[fpc-pascal] fcl-passrc example program, and a couple of bugreports

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 27 19:14:39 CEST 2010

Hi!

On 27.04.2010 17:19, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>> Also, program files are not parsed by fcl-passrc, it's limited to units
>> for now. We would like to be able to eventually parse program files too.
>
> I am all for it. It should not be hard to handle this; It's like parsing
> an implementation block, with an extra flag that it should expect a
> begin/end instead of initialization/finalization block.

I don't know whether you know that or fcl-passrc supports that, but the
begin/end block is also possible in a unit:

=== code begin ===
unit unitbegin;

interface

function Foo: Integer;

implementation

function Foo: Integer;
begin
   Foo := 42;
end;

begin
   Writeln(Foo);
end.
=== code end ===

This compiles without errors and the begin/end block is treated as an
initialization block.

Regards,
Sven