[fpc-pascal] fcl-passrc example program, and a couple of bugreports

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 03:21:30 CEST 2010

All the talk about the Pascal parser in fcl-passrc got me interested
recently. I did some experiments, and I thought I mention here:

1. I added a simplest example how to use fcl-passrc to the wiki:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/fcl-passrc

2. And reported a couple of bugs found in fpdoc (tested on PasDoc's
testsuite):

Some other failures were found (see the testcase: ok_dispid_method.pas,
ok_dot_unitname.pas in pasdoc svn), but these were language features not
handled by the FPC at all for now.

Also, program files are not parsed by fcl-passrc, it's limited to units
for now. We would like to be able to eventually parse program files too.
Yes, they make sense even in a documentation generator, since you can
then e.g. gather all units used  by the program and get your list of
units to make docs from there. An optional, sure (in general, we could
pick too few or too many units) but for some situations a useful feature
(not finished in PasDoc, but planned).

fcl-passrc is quite capable already, it successfully parsed a lot of
quirky sources, so it's really great already :) Hope my reports hope to
push it even better :)

Michalis