[fpc-pascal] fpGUI Toolkit v0.7-rc2 for FPC 2.4

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:45:58 CEST 2010

On 8 April 2010 19:41, Schindler Karl-Michael
<karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de> wrote:

> Secondly, I did some more debugging regarding the X11 error. It depends on whether the window of the application is the actual toplevel X11 window or not. If there is a top level window, all is fine, if not I found that line 831 in file  corelib/x11/fpg_netlayer_x11.pas causes the X11 error. The line with the offending procedure call is this:
>
>  XGetWMProtocols(FDisplay, AWindow, @Protocols, @Count);

>From the backtrace the initial problem starts with the call to
WindowSetSupportPING() on line 1424 in fpg_x11.pas. Clearly the Mac
"window manager" doesn't support all the usual features of modern
Linux window managers does. The WindowSetSupportPING() is not a
critical feature - PING support simply detects if a program is not
responding and then prompts the user if they would like to kill the
app or continue waiting.

If you comment line 1424, does that resolve the X11 error you get?

    XSetWMProperties(fpgApplication.Display, FWinHandle, nil, nil,
nil, 0, nil, WMHints, nil);
    fpgApplication.netlayer.WindowSetPID(FWinHandle, GetProcessID);
//    fpgApplication.netlayer.WindowSetSupportPING(FWinHandle);

I'll research further to see if there is a way I can query window
manager features in a more reliable manner.

  - Graeme -