[fpc-pascal] CLX is returning to Delphi 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 14:37:35 CEST 2010

On 6 April 2010 14:24, dmitry boyarintsev <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Embarcadero offer 2 different way of cross-platform development.

I would say one way only... read further to see why.

> Delphi Prism (XDelphi?) with its Mono .Net based development and

Delphi Prism is not developed by Embarcadero, that's the job of
RemObjects Software. Embarcadero simply struck a deal with RemObjects
Software to do the distribution but slap their registered trademark
name 'Delphi' on the box. The following URL explains this. As far as I
understand, it's a Visual Studio language plugin.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_Prism

So Embarcadero is simply piggybacking on the work of RemObjects
Software (most of it). But yes, you could use the Delphi Language (aka
object pascal) to create .NET and Mono applications.

> Delphi 2011 with new CLX?

The posting I quoted was the first new information in months that I
head about Embarcadero's cross-platform plans. I guess they'll release
CLX and VCL with Delphi 2011 (developer tools like IDE not needing
Visual Studio).

  - Graeme -