[fpc-pascal] Inotify low-level functions

Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak rysiek at brama.elka.pw.edu.pl
Sat Apr 3 22:58:09 CEST 2010

Hi there,

Some time ago (2 years, actually) I needed to implement inotify support for
FPC; never got around to contributing... well, the time has come. :)

As far as I can tell, the Inotify Linux kernel interface hasn't got decent
support in FPC yet, right?

So, here are my questions:
 - where should I put the inotify_init() and other low-level functions
   (actually, wrappers around system calls)? It used to be Linux.pas, but I
   hear that's deprecated...
 - how do I contribute so that the code gets into the right file? Branch? Send
   diffs/patches?
 - where/how should I contribute a bit higher-level stuff (more usable
   interface functions, plus an object-oriented interface)?

--
Cheers
Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak

Laboratorium BRAMA, WEiTI, PW