[fpc-pascal] Text IDE under Linux FrameBuffer

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 22:38:39 CEST 2009

2009/9/13 Nikolay Nikolov <nickysn at users.sourceforge.net>:

> Could you provide some more information? Which distro are you using? What's
> your locale (i.e. the value of the LANG environment variable)? And which

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 and Ubuntu 9.04 on x86 hardware. If I run the
Text IDE inside gnome-terminal, everything looks perfect. All window
borders are drawn correctly. This is with the Gnome desktop
environment.

But if I disable the X Window System - linux booting to console mode
only with the fbdev framebuffer enabled, then the Text IDE doesn't
look right. How do I find out what font is being used in framebuffer
mode? I simply added "vga=791" to my grub menu.lst file which
contained the kernel line I am booting.

I did manage to compile and run a sample C program I got from
wikipedia, which outputs the resolution my framebuffer is using:
1024x768  16bpp

Regards,
  - Graeme -