[fpc-pascal] Printing the FPC documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Sep 7 10:33:05 CEST 2009

Marco van de Voort het geskryf:

> At the uni I had a big 5SI with a duplex unit, so printing double
> sided in A5 format was easy. I usually didn't cut it though, just

Our company has huge printers as well — they do everything but make
coffee. Apparently that's an optional extra. ;-) We often print and bind
our own manuals for our franchisees — if we have a stock shortage or in
a pinch.

> If you can obtain the latex source as generated by fpdoc, it
> shouldn't be that long. Just find anything before the first unit,
> save it as preamble, and then cut on unit borders. 5 minutes.

I already have the latest doc source checked out — I just haven't
bothered installing LaTeX yet. Internally, our company moved over to
OpenDocument (ODT) format instead of TeX, so lately I don't have a need
for LaTeX myself. But with apt-get it's no trouble really.

> For a RTL reference I'd like ringbinding because it will lay flat
> open, so you can type with two hands.

I was actually refering to comb binding or plastic spiral binding — I
just didn't know the correct name at the time I sent that message. But I
see what you mean about Ring Binding on a desk. Umm… Maybe for the
smaller books, I'll use 'perfect binding' (glue) with a paperback cover
for the smaller books and for the larger document like RTL, use ring
binding. Then the huge size shouldn't be such an issue either.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

--
fpGUI Toolkit — a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/