[fpc-pascal] Profiller for Mac OS X

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Sep 3 10:58:20 CEST 2009

Jonas Maebe het geskryf:

> What do you mean?

You sometimes get loads of output highlighting several memory leaks. The
backtrace information doesn't always lead tot he exact location where
the memory leak was caused. That's the "hit and miss" I mentioned.
Sometimes the backtrace is correct and sometimes it is not. Also
sometimes you fix one memory leak and suddenly our heaptrc output report
that half the memory leaks are fixed.

Anyway, as I said, I enable heaptrc for all my coding projects so that I
detect memory leaks as soon as they are introduced. This greatly reduces
my time in find them, because I know what code I was working on.
Obviously at app deployment, I disable heaptrc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/