[fpc-pascal] Profiller for Mac OS X

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Sep 3 08:56:48 CEST 2009

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho het geskryf:

> Is anyone using a profiler in Mac OS X? I am trying to detect if there
> are memory leaks.

As Jonas mentioned, profilers do not detect memory leaks, but rather the
performance (speed) of your code.

What is wrong with enabling the heaptrc unit (-gh)? That works for me
under Linux and Windows. When the application quits, it dumps to the
console the memory leak status and a backtrace of more or less where
they got introduced. The latter is rather a 'hit and miss' situation, so
to make my live easier I start developing a project from scratch with
HeapTrc enabled - so I can detect memory leaks as soon as I introduced
them - which also make them easier to find and fix.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/