[fpc-pascal] Experimental and Unimplemented directives

fpclist at silvermono.co.za fpclist at silvermono.co.za
Sat Oct 31 09:51:24 CET 2009

Hi Guys,

With reference to FPC 2.2.4 Linux, can somebody please explain how to get the
compiler to compile code that uses the Experimental and Unimplemented hint
directives?

An expanation is given on their use on page 11 of the Reference Guide for Free
Pascal, version 2.2.4, but I have no luck making use of them.

The compiler recognizes the Experimental directives as an identifier and the
compilation fails with a syntax error. The Unimplemented directive does not
seem to be recognized by the compiler.

I understand that these directive are for the output of hints only during the
compile process, but it would be a good thing to have them work, (assuming
that the programmer has hints on and reads/notices the hints).

Regards,
Nino