[fpc-pascal] Who said Pascal isn't popular

Ingemar Ragnemalm ingemar at ragnemalm.se
Fri Oct 16 15:04:17 CEST 2009

> Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>

>> I don't agree with the idea that "BEGIN...END" determines the failure
>> of Pascal, as syntax completion is for that. Both "BEGIN...END" and
>> "{...}" are finished in the same time if they were done by computer.
>> On the contrary, it is part of the way of Pascal being elegant.
>>

> Its very amusing to me when I meet people who are also developers and tell them
> I use object pascal and they look at me like I just told them I was using punch
> cards.
>
> I just tell them...
>
> ObjectPascal:  Strong like C, Easy like VB.
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Lee

That blank look in the eyes of the C crowd is so strange. Lots and lots
of people shy away from C/C++/etc since it is so obviously bad, but they
don't know about Pascal so they go to slow scripting languages. They
sure are happpier there than with C, but Pascal would be so much better
in many cases.

I usually don't say that I use Pascal, I say that I use FPC. Then they
don't understandand what that is and think they missed something. And
they sure have.

FPC: Faster to compiler, faster to run, faster to write, faster to
debug... We should print T-shirts with messages like that.

/Ingemar