[fpc-pascal] (Generic) Container Classes

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Sun Nov 29 20:44:11 CET 2009

On sunnuntai, 29. marraskuuta 2009 21:27:39 Vincent Snijders wrote:
> Juha Manninen schreef:
> > Uhh...
> >
> > Is the class TFPStringHashTable (and TFPCustomHashTable) actually doing a
> > hashmap?
> > The ported JCL StringHashMap is duplicate effort then after all.
>
> Here is the docs:
> http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/fpcdoc/fcl/contnrs/tfpstringhashtable.ht
> ml
>
> It has a source location, so you can find the implementation in the fpc
> sources.

Yes I found it.
I am only thinking now if HashTable and HashMap are the same thing. If they
are and TFPStringHashTable is as fast as JCL's StringHashMap, then it doesn't
make sense to add StringHashMap to CCR.

I extracted it from JCL already a long time ago and it has been useful. No
wasted effort there.
But now I made a demo program for it. It could be used to demonstrate another
similar class, too.

What about the generic containers? I guess it has not been planned yet.

Juha Manninen