[fpc-pascal] make CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux ignores both flags

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Nov 23 14:06:45 CET 2009

On 23 Nov 2009, at 13:58, ik wrote:

> I'm trying to cross compile FPC 2.5.1 in Linux 64 bit (in Arch
> Linux) to arm
> (eabi) cpu.
> When I'm using
>
> make CPUT_TARGET=arm OS=TARGET=linux all

That should be CPU_TARGET, not CPUT_TARGET, and OS_TARGET instead of
OS=TARGET

> The make file build an x86_64 units and not arm units. The result is
> also
> not ppcrossarm but ppcx64.

That's probably because of the above.

> Only when I'm doing:
> make OPT='-dFPC_ARMEL -dFPC_ABI_EABI -Xd -Tlinux -CaEABI -Op arm'
> CROSSCOMPILE=1 CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux

I think you have to add at least OPT='-dFPC_ARMEL -dFPC_ABI_EABI -Xd'
to the first command anyway, otherwise you'll probably get an OABI
instead of an EABI compiler (and the -Xd makes sure the compiler
ignores the standard search paths). The "-Op arm" is a bogus
parameter, so remove that (-Op expects a cpu type right after the p,
without a space; right now, you are not setting any cpu type, and
passing "arm" as separate parameter to the compiler).

If ain't broken, don't try to fix it. The second command works (and I
think the only things that may be superfluous, when you compile under
linux, are the "-Tlinux -Op arm" parameters).

Jonas