suppressing hints[Re: [fpc-pascal] How to solve "variable does not seem to be initialized" compiler hint.]

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Nov 20 17:31:03 CET 2009

> That's the idea of hints. Telling you you need to look at the code once,
> and if it's ok => good. But if the hint was correct => fix it.

But if you later change your code it may become not ok again. I don't think that this is good working practice. I would prefer to have the compiler recognize that fillchar *is* an initialization of a variable. That would solve the issue for all times and under all circumstances. No need for workarounds.