hint free [Re: [fpc-pascal] How to solve "variable does not seem to be initialized" compiler hint.]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Nov 20 10:13:19 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Rainer Stratmann wrote:
>
>> But how do you solve the hints where a variable is initialised by a
>> function call with a var in the parameters then?
>>
> :-) That the exact problem I have and the reason for this message thread.

> So I have a solution, but I consider it more a work-around that a 100%
> solution. :-(  Either way, my code is working now and is hint free.
> Important thing is that if a Hint does pop up, I only need to inspect it
> once and solve the problem. The FPC will not complain about that code again.

"my code is working now and is hint free" => Wow.

Out of interest (because I have no idea how to (reasonable) archive
that. The most common hint in 99% of all my apps is the "Parameter
Sender (or whatever) not used in ...".

If you use events you can not remove the parameters from your procedure
declarations, so you get that hint...; Not that it bothers me, but if
you got an easy solution...

Martin