[fpc-pascal] How to solve "variable does not seem to be initialized" compiler hint.

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Fri Nov 20 07:49:42 CET 2009

Flávio Etrusco wrote:

> Out of curiosity, does anybody know how Delphi solves this? I don't
> remember seeing a warning (having to initialize variables) on FillChar
> in Delphi...

I tried the same thing last night with Kylix 3. It seems Kylix (and
probably Delphi) doesn't even have such a hint to start with. Kylix
never reported the hint FPC does.

That obviously doesn't mean Kylix & Delphi fixed the issue - it might
simply mean that FPC has more hints & warnings support than what Kylix &
Delphi does.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/