[fpc-pascal] One experience with the unit serial

"Vinzent Höfler" JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Thu Nov 19 22:02:31 CET 2009

marcov at stack.nl:

[Synapse/Synaser]
> How do you use it? I'm used to TComport, and it seems that synaser, like
> unit serial, only supports blocking use.

call Connect, call Config, call the appropriate reading and writing subroutines (like SendString and RecvPacket)...

> Do you put it in a thread?

You can, yes.

> I need it for a link that receives and sends at random, not related
> moments.

http://synapse.ararat.cz/doc/help/synaser.TBlockSerial.html

You may use RecvPacket with a timout and run a "polling" loop.

Vinzent.

--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02