[fpc-pascal] How to solve "variable does not seem to be initialized" compiler hint.

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 19 07:02:20 CET 2009

> But I agree with Jonas. The problem is the obsession to eliminate each and
> every warning, not the hint/warning.

In general this is true. But in this particular case (fillchar) it should be easily possible to avoid the hint message. I am not sure why it is such a problem to change the declaration of fillchar to tell the compiler that it initializes the parameter. That would be a clean approach. Simply suggesting to disable hints is an awkward workaround and not very much Pascal-like.