[fpc-pascal] const records passed incorrectly

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:55:33 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Jürgen Hestermann
<juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:
> I hate it if bugs or illogical things are copied from Delphi. It may be the
> case that Delphi vanishes one day. Then we still would have all these bugs
> in FPC/Lazarus cast in stone forever. I think we should not slavish copy
> whatever Delphi does. Even if migration is a bit more work, the result of a
> cleaner and more logical code justifies it.

I agree in principle, but for practical purposes I have a difficult
time thinking of any glaring Delphi bugs strangeness.

Sure back in the Delphi 2.0 the automated section was a bad thing.,
but they got rid of it in the next version and gave us interface types
instead (which are good).

I think Delphi should be using actual operators like + * and / instead
of Add, Multiply, Divide, but then again I think the named results of
FPC are stranger. What's wrong with using the type in the declaration
and Result in the implementation?

Then there are the itterator thing, and generics ... I don't know
enough about the syntax differences between FPC and Delphi to comment.

Point being, I haven't seen Delphi add too much that didn't make a
some of sense (they might have flubbed generics and itterators).